the Chronic Miasms of Hahnemann in Theory & Practice
with Will Taylor, MD
- 13 hours , in 7 live and/or pre-recorded sessions (session 1 = 1 hour, subsequent sessions = 2 hours each)
(session 1 will be a 1-hour intoductory session open to the public at no charge; the remaining sessions are available only to course registrants)
- downloadable lecture handouts for each session
- Reading materials & resources
- online quizzes for self-assessment & documentation of participation for 13 hours of continuing education credit
- Printable document of participation letter for 13 hours of homeopathic continuing education on completion of course materials
Hahnemann considered his work on the chronic diseases - his chronic miasms - to be his greatest contribution to medicine. Yet he predicted the homeopathic community would be slow to appreciate and to successfully apply his work in this area. In an 1827 letter to his colleague Stapf, he suggested "...at least a year will elapse before the others get my book; they will then require more than six months to recover from the shock and astonishment at the monstrous and unheard things, perhaps another six months before they believe in it ... Hence three years from now will elapse before they can do anything useful with it.”
As much as I'm reluctant to call Hahnemann out, here is one instance where I'll insist he was wrong - his figures fall at least 186 years off the mark. Nowhere in the literature of homeopathy do we find as much confusion and misappropriation of Hahnemann's teachings, as we do in discussion of the nature of chronic disease.
In this course, Dr. Taylor will
- carefully explore Hahnemann's descriptions of the chronic miasmatic diseases, tying these into contemporary understandings and classifications of disease;
- expose and discuss commonly held myths and misconceptions regarding Hahnemann's teachings;
- investigate how our historical and contemporary authors and teachers have represented these ideas, or have re-invented them to incorporate their own philosophies of health & disease;
- outline contemporary teachings regarding the chronic miasms, linking these to the traditional literature;
- but most importantly -
provide practical examples, in weekly casework and clinical scenarios, of how an understanding of the nature of chronic disease can provide practical tools in daily clinical practice
I've taught extensively on this topic previously online & in person; this course will build on those experiences and introduce new case material & expanded perspectives, including newly-developed "maps" of the pathologies of the chronic diseases.
Check your internet connection from the SpeedTest link below, to be certain that you'll have no difficulty streaming our videos and participating in our live webconferencing sessions. (It does not matter which city you select from the list on the linked page for your test). Look for the Download Speed - you'll want a consistent download speed of at least 1.0 Mbps.
If you wish to attend the live sessions, please check your system's cofiguration at:
(ignore the prompt re the Adobe Connect add-in, which you will not need; if you intend to use a mobile (iOS or Android) device, install the Adobe Connect Mobile App for your device, available as a free download from the appropriate App store for your operating system)
Purchase will provide you with 6 months' access to all online course materials, including streaming video each session, for self-paced review following the live sessions.
Reserve your seat by registering via the PayPal link below, either with a PayPal account or using your credit card); note PayPal's deferred payment financing option.
- Teacher: Will Taylor